Asahi Beverages NZ – Terms and Conditions of Entry – Long White promotion
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promotion is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
Promotion and entry details:
3. The promotion commences on 14.12.20 and finishes on 06.04.21 (‘Promotion Period’).
4. To enter the promotion, simply during the Promotion Period take an original picture of you and your mates enjoying a ‘Long White moment’, access and upload it to your personal Instagram account and tag @longwhite.nz in your post (Promotion Entry Post). Ensure that your Promotion Entry Post is made ‘public’ by adjusting privacy settings. Alternatively, entries can be submitted at www.longwhite.co.nz.
5. Examples of a ‘Long White moment’ include (but are not limited to):
hanging out with friends on a beach;
having a BBQ;
6. Participation in the promotion is entirely free, and no purchase is required to enter. For the avoidance of doubt, Promotion Entry Posts do not need to contain or feature any of the Promoter’s products (including, but not limited to, Long White products).
7. Entries are limited to one per day for the duration of the campaign per Instagram handle or email address (if applying on the website). The Entrant is defined as the individual who owns the right to the Instagram handle or email address from which entries are submitted.
8. Subject to clause 7 above, entrants may enter the promotion multiple times, provided that each entry is a unique image uploaded through a separate Promotion Entry Post during the Promotion Period in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entries of duplicate images will be deemed void.
Prize and prize draw:
9. There is one major prize of $500,000.00NZD to use towards buying a holiday home in New Zealand for the winning Entrant (Prize). The Prize will be paid by way of bank transfer to the bank account nominated by the winning Entrant.
10. The winner will be determined by a random draw, which will take place on 13.04.21. The winner will be the first valid entry randomly drawn from all eligible entries submitted. In the event that an ineligible entry is drawn, or the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 72 hours of the Prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and select a new winner on the same terms as the original Prize draw. The winner is deemed solely as the successful Entrant, and there is no responsibility by the Promoter to enter into any relationship with individuals that feature in Entries.
11. The winner will be notified via private message to their Instagram account from which their entry was submitted or by email or phone.
12. The name of the winner will be published on the Promoter’s website, and the Promoter’s Facebook and Instagram feeds.
Use of Prize:
13. The winner agrees that, as a condition of participating in the promotion, they will use their best endeavours to ensure the Prize is used towards their purchase of a holiday home in New Zealand
14. FURTHER TERMS
15. The Prize is not transferable or changeable.
16. In the event that the Prize or any part of the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative Prize.
17. Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this promotion will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted Promotion Entry Post(s), including but not limited to Promotion Entry Post(s) not received due to technical problems or human error. The time Promotion Entry Post(s) are deemed to be made will be the time the Promotion Entry Post(s) is uploaded, not the time the Promotion Entry Post(s) is submitted by an Entrant.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, residency status or other information) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a Prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an Entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
20. By entering this Promotion, Entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the Entrants.
21. All Promotion Entry Posts become the property and copyright of the Promoter. By entering this promotion, Entrants assign copyright in their Promotion Entry Posts to the Promoter and agree to waive any moral rights they might have in their entries.
22. The winner acknowledges and agrees that they will comply with all instructions given by employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this promotion, and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
23. Entrants agree that:
their Promotion Entry Post(s) will be made available for public viewing;
any person depicted in their Promotion Entry Post(s) will be over the age of 18 and will be decently dressed and presented;
their Promotion Entry Post(s) will not contain content that is unlawful, fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, and will not be otherwise defamatory, obscene, derogatory, violent, objectionable, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
all Promotion Entry Post(s) are subject to the approval of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to vet all Promotion Entry Post(s) at any time and to request the removal of any Promotion Entry Post(s) from any Instagram page at any time in its absolute discretion. However, the Promoter is not responsible for any Promotion Entry Post(s) uploaded to any Instagram page and visitors to the site view it at their own risk;
they own the copyright in their Promotion Entry Post(s) and/or have permission to use their Promotion Entry Post(s) in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions, including use of the Promotion Entry Post(s) for promotional purposes by the Promoter;
they have the permission of each other person featured in their Promotion Entry Post(s) to enter the Promotion Entry Post(s) in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
24. The winner agrees that as a condition of their participation in the Prize, they may be required to execute a waiver and indemnity or execute other such documents in the form provided by the Promoter.
25. If the winner cannot accept or take part in the Prize for any reason, their Prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
26. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
27. All decisions made by the Promoter, its employees, or agents, are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the promotion (including any Prize) at any time in its sole discretion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Promotion Entry Post or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (d) any variation in the Prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a Prize.
30. Entrants acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram and Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the promotion.
31. The Promoter collects and holds personal information (such as Instagram handle information and photographic information) provided by Entrants for the purposes of this promotion, which may include disclosure to third parties, the Promoter’s related bodies corporate, agencies and contractors for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion and awarding the Prize, and for future promotional purposes, public statements and advertisements surrounding this promotion. Failure to provide requested personal information may disqualify a person from being able to receive a Prize. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter. Under the Privacy Act 2020, Entrants have the right to request access to and correction of any such personal information. Entrants may request access to and correction of any of the details about them held by the Promoter by sending an email to email@example.com
32. The Promoter is Asahi Beverages (NZ) Limited, Level 1, 96 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand (Promoter).